1. Before and during your tour, talk about your tour daily (or even several times a day) on Facebook and Twitter and through other social networks – remind your friends and followers where you will be on the tour and when you will be at each stop.
2. Update your website and blog with a schedule of your Virtual Book Tour and include links to all the stops on the tour.
3. Once your tour starts, visit each site on your tour and leave a comment. Also, answer any questions people may have left for you in the comments section of the site.
4. Create a media release announcing your tour and all the stops on the tour. Submit this release to various FREE online media release distribution services.
5. If you have a mailing list, send a special mailing to your list announcing your tour.